Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bowser iphone case

Not much description for this one. This is the first one that I have done that I created the pattern myself, though. I like how it turned out, even if it was a bit of a pain to make.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Power On cross stitch iphone case

I have been really getting into making these cross-stitch iphone cases lately. This time I used a black case and made a big power button. This is actually one of the patterns that came with the cases; it's the only one that was included that I liked.

This was went even quicker than the Kirby case. I could have finished this one in one night (I took 2 nights, though).  Enjoy!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kirby Cross-stitch iphone 4 case/cover

After finishing the piranha plant iphone cover, I started looking for something else to make for an iphone cover. I had a couple green cases, and I was wondering what I could possibly make that would look OK with this color background.
I remembered that a fellow Sprite Stitcher had made a Kirby tissue box cover that had some green background (although it was a different shade of green altogether), but that got me thinking of Kirby. The internet search began!
I easily found the Kirby sprites to use for the pattern. After trying to decide which Kirby to use, I ran across an the image I ultimately used. I loved it, so I had to use it for my next project.


Thursday, March 8, 2012

Piranha plant Cross-stitch iphone 4 case/cover

I was browsing projects other people had made. I totally stole this idea that I found and just had to make my own. The funny thing is, I don't even own an iphone!

I searched several places online to find a good quality case to cross stitch on. I actually came across 2 different kinds. There is one made of silicone (that seems flimsy and easy to distort if your stitches are too tight) and one made of (I guess) plastic. I chose to go with the more sturdy plastic rather than trying out the silicone, I decided I didn't want the hassle of worrying about how tight the stitches are.

I searched online for a cost-effective place to purchase some of these cases. It took some searching, but I did find a website that allowed me to buy some pretty cheap (minimum order of 10) and I got to choose the colors I wanted (for the most part, based on what they had available at the time). I impatiently waited and waited for the cases to arrive in the mail. It took a while since they were coming from China, but for the price I paid, I cannot complain at all!

Finally they arrived! The cases came with a needle and 3 colors of thread each. I went through each case to see the array of colors I had to work with. Of course, all but 2 packages had the same 3 colors: purple, yellow, black. I have no idea what I could even make with just those colors. The other 2 cases came with: red, yellow, black. Not much difference, really. I pulled out 2 black, 1 red, and the rest of the colors I needed I either already had or went to buy. I was all ready to begin!


Having gotten this far, I noticed right away that the thread included with the cases were not that great to work with. They were free, though, so I still used them when I could, but given the option I would prefer using normal thread.



I took pictures of my progress periodically. That is something that I really enjoy seeing when looking at others' work, so I try including it in mine. I sometimes forget, though, for long periods of time.



Finally, I finished it! I just couldn't wait and had to post all my pictures and everything right away. Enjoy!