Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Some work

I got a little bit of work done this past week.  Let me first show my progress on my Candy Cane Christmas project. Here is where I last left off:


Here is where I am now,I got some more done in the corner.


I also got some more work done on something that I am making for myself.  With all the chainmail stuff I have been making, I decided to experiment and make myself a purse out of aluminum and rubber chainmail. I love how it is coming along so far, but I have already determined that these purses are not something I would be able to make and sell. There is just too much material and work that goes into this. 

Here is what I have done so far:


 You can see that strip and a half that I haven't yet attached to the main body. The 2 outer edges will eventually attach to each other, making the main body of the purse. I still need to make quite a few more strips to attach until I get it to a nice size, but I love it so far! 
Here is a closer picture of it (you can click on the picture to make it larger, too):

This coming week, I am going to be in training all week at work. That usually means I will either be so super busy that I won't have time or feel like working on anything (most likely) or I will have plenty of time and energy to work on something when I get home (hopefully).  
At the very least, I am hoping to finish attaching these strips to the purse body.

2 comments:

  1. Progress is progress, no matter how small. Your chainmail looks fantastic too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress. Love your chainmail. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete