Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

Crochet Patterns - PPDC

Something that most of my followers may not be aware of, is that I like to make filet crochet patterns. I have made a couple actual crochet items, but my favorite thing to do is make the patterns themselves. I even have the software to help me make them more professional looking.

My first pattern that I made was one that I wanted to make for my then-boyfriend (now husband).  is a big Star Wars fan, so I made the pattern for, and crocheted, a Darth Vader face doily. I posted pictures of it online, and started to get people asking me if I had a pattern available.Thus started my pattern-making.

I bought my software and started listing patterns in my Etsy store. I recently had to remove a bunch of patterns from my store, but I am still creating new patterns to list online, and I will show pictures of new ones from time to time.

The reason for this post is because I want to start posting some patterns for free here in my blog.
I have several patterns that I cannot list in my Etsy shop, so I want to offer them for free to everyone. I did want to wait a while after pulling those patterns before offering them for free, and I believe it has been a sufficient amount of time.

My first offering for everyone is going to be the Pan Pacific Defense Corps logo, from Pacific Rim. Here is an image of the logo:


Here is my doily version:

Here is the pattern!

INSTRUCTIONS:
 Starting at bottom of pattern chain 223.  Chain 3 to turn which will count as first double crochet of  first row. Double crochet in 5th chain from hook. Double crochet in next 2 chains to complete bottom  right solid square of row 1.  Continue following pattern for first row reading pattern right to left.  After  completing first row, chain 3 to turn to start next row.  Continue following pattern until all rows are  complete.  At end of row 90 fasten off.

MATERIALS (based on crochet cotton size):
 Using Crochet Cotton no. 10: about 759 yds, steel crochet hook US size 7 or SIZE FOR GAUGE.

APPROXIMATE FINISHED SIZES:
 Using Crochet Cotton size 10:  width = 17.0 inches,  height = 22.5 inches
 GAUGE:
 Using Crochet Cotton size 10: 10 squares = 2.3 inches, 10 rows = 2.5 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment