Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

It has already been 10 days!

Time just seems to fly by, anymore. I can't believe it has already been 10 days since my last post!

I just finished that big 3 day con that I have been so excited for, and let me say... it was amazing! I already knew that this was my primary customer base, but I did so well this weekend. My income was about 3x my best day at a craft fair. Since it was local, I had no hotel costs, since I just stayed at home!
I am super happy with how things turned out, if you couldn't tell! I have a couple more multi-day conventions booked later in the year in other parts of the state. Even with hotel costs for those, if I do half as well, I'll still be good.

The artist alley tables were actually along the halls in the convention center, so it was actually a lot of fun to just people watch as see all the cool costumes. I definitely want to keep doing conventions, and who knows? I may start attending some out of state soon, too!

This year so far has been so busy! Before now, I used to attend maybe 4 or 5 craft fairs in a year, at most. This year I have already attended about 7 or 8 events, with 5 more confirmed and a few more pending. 
While at the con, I actually got several commissions, as well! My first was for a chainmail dice bag (for a friend of mine). I actually was able to get that completed by the end of day 2 of the con. It gave me something to work on when things would slow down.
I also made a special bracelet for the girl at the booth next to me. She was wanting special colors that I did have, but just didn't have anything made with. I got that done before the end of the con, too.
I also got 2 other commissions from customers, that I am super happy about. One for a chainmail lanyard, and another for a dice bag.

Overall, I am very excited about attending conventions, now, since my first 2 have been so successful. I will now be making some more chainmail to replenish my stock. I'll get some pictures later!

Eventually, I'll get back to stitching. Hopefully. I have 3 weeks until my next con, so I may dedicate a week in there to just stitching. I can start my new secret project!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your con was such a big success! Seems like business is really picking up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy to hear this. I agree this would definitely be the exact people who would love your pieces. Fantastic. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete