Pages

Monday, August 26, 2019

Couple more cons down, now to relax a few weeks

The past couple weeks have been busy! First I had a 3 day comic con, then 2 weeks later I had a 2 day comic con. I did pretty well with them, too! I am so excited that I have found my customer base.
The 2 day con I went to wasn't attended very well, and most vendors did really poorly with sales. My sales were down a bit, too, but overall I did better than most other vendors, and I did much better than I usually do at craft fairs!

Then, my computer died. The power supply experienced a very loud cascade failure, so I have been working on getting it fixed. I already had a motherboard and processor that I needed to replace, anyway, and my husband bought me a new power supply. I have already swapped them all, and the system powers on. I just need to work on it a little bit more to get it back up and running. Hopefully very soon!

My next con is a 1 day convention being held by a library in the state. This one should be good size, and decently attended, too.
I am starting to expand my range, too, and I am looking into my first con outside of Oklahoma! (just across the border, in Arkansas).

Here are some pictures of my booths at the last couple cons.
I know most people don't care so much about these pictures of my booth, but when I was first starting out, I would scour the web for booth examples. Now that I am a bit more experienced, I want to share my setup, in case it inspires others who are just starting out.

Here is my setup for the 3 day con, in Enid, OK:

I did tweak a few things after this picture was taken. Most notably, I moved the big display stand on the right, forward, so it was next to the table, rather than behind it. That encouraged more people to step closer to look.

2 weeks later, for the 2-day con, here is my setup (a corner booth, too!)


Ugh, ignore the exposed side under the table. The fabric I had was barely long enough to cover the table. It was a bigger table than I expected (which just gives more room for merchandise!).

As you can see with both of these, I had lots of space. Because of this, I actually took advantage and used not only my large pegboard display, but I also setup a small version of the portable one, as well. This way I was able to put out many more items for sale.
I have a feeling that my library con will be limited for space, so there is a chance I may not be able to even use the large display. We'll see!

4 comments:

  1. Great displays. So glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      I always love to get your encouraging comments! I am truly horrible at responding, but I do read them all and greatly appreciate them!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to hear how well you're doing this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This year has been so wildly busy with events, and yet I have enjoyed every minute of it. I keep counting down the weeks/days until my next event. 2 more weeks!

      Delete