Pages

Monday, November 28, 2022

Page 4 is done!

 So, I haven't posted the past couple weeks because I was trying to finish Luminaro. I really wanted the page finish to be my next post. However, as I'm sure everyone has experienced, I ran into a couple snags. 

One reason that I haven't been working on it as much is because I have been loving and spoiling my stitching buddy like crazy. He's 16 years old, my family has had him since he was a kitten, and he hadn't been eating lately. He had lost so much weight that I had to take him to the vet. He was so frail and weak that I felt there was a good chance I wouldn't get to bring him home.
The doctor kept him a couple days and when she called me and said he probably has lymphoma, I broke down. We've had him on meds, which has seriously perked up his appetite, luckily. He seems to have gained a bit of weight back, too. I have a call with the doctor later today to go over his progress. Previously he wasn't even well enough to be able to handle surgery.
So, of course, I have been giving him all the love and snuggle he could possibly want. He's my snuggle bug, and snuggling is his favorite thing to do of all time. I've been giving him wet food, rather than dry, and just enjoying every bit of time I have left with him.  

Here is my latest picture (ignore the wild and wacky pants):


 The second snag is, I had 2 stitches that I had missed previously, and of course they were each different colors than each other. I went to complete them, and both colors were not in my floss box. Ugh.
Now, I never actually fully kitted up Luminaro, for some silly reason. I have a core set of threads set aside for it that weren't specifically for another project, and I have been borrowing thread from other projects, as needed. As you can tell from my posts, though, Luminaro is my main project. So now, anything I have been borrowing from others, gets reassigned to Luminaro permanently. I looked through several projects for these 2 colors. I did manage to find one, but the other was missing. With everything going on, I got a bit sad since I didn't have a chance to run to the store to get more until yesterday. 

I put Luminaro aside for a bit, since I was just waiting for that color. Then, suddenly it hit me. Duh! Just go ahead and start page 5 until you can get to the store for that color. So, that's what I did. I got some progress in on page 5, and then yesterday I finally got page 4 complete! 

Here is where I left off last. 

Here is my page finish! This is page 3, 4, and the start of page 5. 


I peeked ahead on the pattern, and thank god page 5 is the last bit of the carousel. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this project and the carousel. But after 5 straight pages of practically the same thing, I want a bit of a break. I can't wait! Maybe this will motivate me to work on it more. 

 

(OK, I have a little confession. Another reason I didn't finish earlier is because I bought myself a new video game on black friday week. )

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about your furbaby. Boy they like to hurt us but boy their love is worth it. (By the way I love crazy pants haha) Beautiful progress. Don't worry about having other things to do. We all get that. Haha Enjoy your game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Giving him all the cuddles is of course the very best use of your time right now!
    Either way, congrats on your page finish! How exciting to be able to work on something else than carousel soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, what a sweet boy, give him as many snuggles as you can!
    It's nice to stitch something different when it's so repetitive.

    ReplyDelete