Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

Crochet Pattern - Oregon Trail

I know I previously stated that I would have this pattern up on the 1st, but since I plan to stitch this weekend (my test will be over with!), I will most likely have a progress update for Monday. So, I decided to go ahead and post this pattern a little early! 

One of my favorite games growing up was Oregon Trail. I loved it whenever we were able to play this in the computer lab at school.
Enjoy the pattern! 

I came up with this filet crochet pattern based on the old Oregon Trail wagon.


Here is the pattern itself:

INSTRUCTIONS:
Starting at bottom of pattern chain 241. Chain 3 to turn which will count as first double crochet of
first row. Chain 2 more and double crochet in 9th chain from hook to complete bottom right open
square of row 1. Continue following pattern for first row reading pattern right to left. After completing
first row, chain 3 to turn to start next row. Continue following pattern until all rows are complete. At
end of row 54 fasten off.

MATERIALS (based on crochet cotton size):
Using Crochet Cotton no. 10: about 492 yds, steel crochet hook US size 7 or SIZE FOR GAUGE.

APPROXIMATE FINISHED SIZES:
Using Crochet Cotton size 10: width = 18.4 inches, height = 13.5 inches
GAUGE:
Using Crochet Cotton size 10: 10 squares = 2.3 inches, 10 rows = 2.5 inches

2 comments:

  1. Great pattern - do you plan to do one for the Donner Party, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, I was playing the web browser version just a few weeks ago. I made it to Oregon, and promptly died ahaha. Great pattern for filet! :D

    ReplyDelete