Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Blue Bird is finished!

I have a finish! *happy dance*
Finishes are few and far between for me, since I normally pick large projects and get bored with them part-way through. This one was small, and it was such a joy to stitch (despite the fact that there are so many colors in this things).

I loved seeing this come together, and the finished product is amazing. The only thing that I'm not thrilled with is the pink backstitching on the wing. I don't know how to change it to make it look better, either. I  may just have to leave it how it is.

Forgive the wrinkles. I haven't pressed it, yet.


I went out of town with my husband for the weekend. I took this project with me so I could finish it, but the lighting in the hotel was abysmal. Luckily, I also took Palace Garden with me, and found a spot of just one solid color that I could do without much light.

I was able to finish the bird yesterday, and get more done on the Palace Garden. I'll post progress on the Garden later, as I don't have a picture of it right now.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Sasha.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I zoomed in so I could see it better. I like the pink. It makes it more delicate looking than the other backstitching. Congrats on the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely bird! Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her! She turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete