Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Stitching again.

I'm finally getting over that cold, and I'm feeling much better.
After not stitching while on vacation, followed by the ickiness, I think I temporarily lost my stitchy bug. I made myself pull out Farewell last night to put in some stitches, and it came back to me. Yay!

As I was stitching, I came to a realization. Lately, my stitchy bug has only really been popping its head up after I had gotten to stitching, already. I had to force myself to pull out the projects and get started initially. The 100 day challenge was SUPER helpful to get me to pull out the project and start working on it. Once I got a couple stitches in, I was good to go, I just need that extra kick to get started.
Have any of you guys had that issue? It's weird. If I let myself, I'll just sit in my chair and play games on my phone for a couple hours, instead. I would much rather do something productive that has a result that I can see and show off!

I have a craft fair this weekend, and I'm a little nervous. Up to now, I've had my niece with me at all my other fairs. She would always help me setup and take down everything, and would be able to watch the booth if I had to run to the restroom or go get food, etc. This weekend, she will not be with me. I'm mostly worried about getting everything setup in time. I'm tempted to go Friday night to get started a little early (since they allow this).

So, here is where I was with the 100 day challenge with the last update.





Here is where I am, now.

I am half-way through the challenge. I managed to get some more stitched in the top right corner area.




3 comments:

  1. Yes I notice that I've done that before. Most the time with me it's that I have a piece I really want to be working on. I notice my needles pretty much until I work on the right piece. Sorry your niece is going to be able to help you out. I helped my mom with her sales so I know how it is to have someone help. Your WIP looks fantastic. Hope your stitching bug sticks around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sometimes I need that "encouragement" of a challenge or a SAL with someone else in order to force myself to stitch. But like you said once I get started it is all good to go!

    You made quite a bit of progress on your piece so I hope your bug stays around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress Sasha. Glad your cold is better. My stitchy bug runs away alot.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete