Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Is that...? Could it be...?


If you remember several weeks ago (if anyone actually reads this blog), I mentioned I had a secret plan and would explain more about it later. Well, guess what. Later is here!

There are quite a few projects that I want to make. Until very recently, I was the kind of person who would only work on one project until finished. The problem with this is that I would get bored with the current project because it wasn't going fast enough, and there were so many more projects that I want to make. I would then put the project aside for long periods of time.

I have started reading and following more craft blogs, and I see that there are many people who have many projects going at the same time. Of course, this immediately appealed to me. If I do that, then the enthusiasm will remain fresh for each project as I switch around! Plus, if I only work on Qingming, I wouldn't ever get to work on anything else.

I decided to start working on my projects on a rotation. That way I get a good mixture of my new projects along with the ones that I have already started.  Nobody gets neglected that way. I have begun with a simple 10 hour rotation on my projects, but I'm sure I will tweak it a bit to have more time on Qingming each rotation, as it needs the most time to complete. Or I'll just add it a few times in the rotation list. We'll see.

So, because of my rotation, I have picked up the Lion King again. Yes! That's right! More Lion King!
Here is the last picture update that I posted:


There has been quite a bit of progress on this since my last post. Here is where I am now:



I'm so happy, I've started using green now! Yay, plants!

On another note: Holy Cow, the count is small on the Lion King! Yes, Qingming is huge, but it also is 11 count. I think the Lion King is 18 count, and by comparison, it just seems so tiny. No wonder it keeps feeling like I haven't been getting much done. I really have, but because the count is so small, it just doesn't cover as much space.

IHSW is here!


I have been wanting to participate for a while, but life kept preventing me until now. I will definitely be working on the Lion King this weekend, and maybe one other project. I'll be sure to update on Monday with all my progress from the weekend.

For those who are not familiar with the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, it takes place every third weekend of the month and it allows us stitchers to hermit ourselves away from the world and do what we enjoy the most!

You can get more info (and sign yourself up) by visiting Joysze's Blog. I can't wait to see everyone's progress!

2 comments:

  1. I am like you I have several projects going I never used to be that way, I like haveing the option of jumping to another project.
    I found your blog On Joysze's Blog.
    I do the ISHW every month.
    Happy Stitching
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, for whatever reason, my original comment showed up as a bunch of boxes, weird, right? Anyway, I always have several going at once because of a few reasons. I tend to get bored if I don't switch it up and I also to have a hard time when I'm finishing a project. Like I set aside an almost finished project for a couple days because I can't cope with the fact that I'm almost done or something. Weird, right? Anyway, I love your Lion King project! I have that one sitting in my craft bin and I haven't started it yet. It's neat to see someone actually attempting this one!

    ReplyDelete