Monday, March 20, 2017

Big order

This past week, I have been kept pretty busy by a large custom order for bracelets. One of the managers where I work for the day job ordered a bunch of items, and will most likely be getting me some more orders from others, so I am excited!

Here is a picture of just some of the bracelets I have made this week, only some of which were part of that order. (The hair clip wasn't part of the order, either)

I have another craft fair coming up this weekend, too, so the extra items I made will be good to add to my inventory.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Barrettes and needle minders!

I have been busy this past week making scale flower barrettes! I have a craft fair coming up this weekend, so I wanted to have a good amount to have for sale. The only downside is that I only have 4 scale colors of the right size in stock at the moment, so I am limited on the variety right now.
Here are the ones that I have done so far:

On the barrettes with the mirror scales, I put the flower with the concave side down toward the barrette. For the others, it was upward more like a flower would be. I know it is a little hard to see the mirrored scale barrettes, but I wanted to see which version everyone prefers.

For my kickstarter, I have decided on a couple smaller add-on items, but I still haven't decided what to have as an additional reward. I have that craft fair coming up in this weekend, so I'll go through all my stuff then, and see what I can find that will be good for the kickstarter.
I want to have the scale barrettes as add-ons, as well as these keychains that I started making.

I have 3.5 craft fairs coming up in the next couple months, so far. Those will certainly keep me busy! (The .5 is actually a booth that my husband may or may not have for his branded paintball stuff at a paintball tournament. If he gets a booth, I get to man it while he goes off to enjoy the tournament).

And last for this post, I have some new needle minders for my Etsy shop!

Friday, February 24, 2017

New items, and new kickstarter in the works

I have been busy making a bunch of different things!
First, after the success of the chainmail necktie, I found pictures of a chainmail bow tie. Of course, me being me, I had to try it!
I love how it came out! I already have a couple co-workers placing orders for me to make these for them, too!
Here is the result:

I have also made a new bracelet, and a new necklace. I'm not too thrilled with how the pendant sits on the necklace, so I'm toying with ideas to fix it.

I am also in the planning stage of another Kickstarter!
I have been deciding on the rewards to offer, and I would love to get some feedback from you guys! Are there any particular chainmail items that you have seen here that you would like to see as a reward in my upcoming Kickstarter?
I have already decided to include a couple bracelet designs, stretchy dice bag/coin purse, and as a big ticket item, my chainmail scarf. I would like to have one or two more items available, though, which is where you come in!

I am currently gathering photos, and will need to take some more. I will be working on a new video, as well for the project, so I may not have any more completed projects to post about the next couple weeks. I'll try to come up with something to post about, though!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Chainmail tie

Inspiration struck again, and I have created a chainmail tie, this time!
I chose the colors based on what rings I had the most of, and the striped design is similar to the scarf that I made.

I haven't yet added a clasp to the back, and I'm not 100% thrilled about how the knot came out, but overall I like it. I may experiment with the design a bit to find a better knot.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Recent chainmail kick

I have been on a big chainmail kick lately, so that is all I have been working on.
Here are some of my latest creations.