Pages

Friday, November 12, 2021

Haven't posted in so long!

 It has been a whole year!

I have been making chainmail so much that my stitchy bug has disappeared. I haven't been stitching anything lately, so I don't think about writing posts here anymore. 

I do have my own website, that does have a blog section that I have posted a few things on, but I still don't post there very often, either. I need to get back in the habit. 


I recently had an artist alley booth at the Dallas Fan Expo. This is the biggest event I have ever had a booth in, and it was a lot of fun. Whilst I didn't make as much money as I was hoping, I did learn a lot and I hope to attend again in the future! 

The artist booths there were so cramped! They had 3 tables in a row with 0 space between, and you can only get out on one end. Of course, I was all the way on the inside, so I had to crawl over my neighbors whenever I needed to go to the bathroom, etc.
I did get lucky, though. One of the artists in the row-of-three had Large items, so they were able to get moved to a more appropriate location. Since we had an empty spot, my neighbor and I both took half of their space and were able to spread out. It was so great! We weren't quite as squished, and we were able to put out more items for sale. 

I did sell a lot of chainmail! Since that event, I have been making a ton more things to greatly increase my inventory. I made about 70 stretchy bracelets and a few dice bags so far. I have plans for quite a few more items in different color combinations! 

Here is my cramped booth before we were able to spread out (and I was able to rearrange some things, too). I was able to put up a LOT more necklaces, and removed the straws. My payment banner was fully visible once we spread out.

 



3 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back! When I read chainmail I thought you were making ensembles for knights; your stuff looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back. I just returned as well. Guess at least we showed back up. Glad to see you are still selling and doing great. Hope your stitching bug returns sometime. Mine did with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad there are conventions to go to again!

    ReplyDelete