Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Stovetop disaster

Well, I started stitching on Farewell to Anger last night, but didn't get too far in before we had a minor disaster occur. My husband was trying to separate some frozen hamburger patties from each other to cook some up, and they weren't budging at all. He started hitting them on the counter surface to try to dislodge them, but no luck. Then he had the not-so-bright idea of slamming them down onto the glass surface of our range.
Needless to say, it completely shattered. We spent the evening online looking for replacement parts. The glass top is so expensive, though, that we actually ended up just purchasing a new range altogether. It was a bit more expensive than the replacement part for our original one, but we now have a warranty on it, too (the other one was old and no longer had a warranty). Merry Christmas to us.
For the next week, we won't be able to cook on the stovetop, though. We have alternatives. There are the oven, the microwave, Foreman grill, slow cooker, air fryer, etc. We'll be OK. 

I didn't get much else done on my Farewell (I only got about 5 or 6 X's in before the mishap). I don't have any recent pictures, either. Hopefully I'll get some good stitchy time and progress pictures this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Sasha. We have a glass too and that always scares me.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Well Merry Christmas to you guys I guess. Hope you find some stitching time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Hope you guys enjoy your new Christmas present! Next time tell him to pop them in the microwave for a minute, maybe that will work and if it doesn't it will be a lot cheaper than a new stove! :D

    ReplyDelete