Pages

Monday, October 7, 2019

Con Review: Name Your Game Expo 2019

Convention Name: Name Your Game Expo 2019
Date: Oct 5&6, 2019
Cost: $100,1 table ~ 6x5 space
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Grade: A


This one was a larger con, held in Broken Arrow, OK. If you couldn't tell by the name, this one is a gaming con, for all kinds of different games. They even requested that we gear our offerings toward gaming, as well. The price was pretty good. It's a little higher than the tiny cons I have been going to, but still not bad at all. I was actually worried about getting accepted into this one. I do have some game related items, but not a large percentage.

Check-in was super easy. I walked in and ran into someone who took me to the guy in charge, who then showed me my table. It was almost a little too easy.
My booth space was only a table with the space behind it. I was prepared for this, so I knew I wouldn't get to use my large display. (I always take both the large and the portable one with me to all events, though, because you never know).


My booth location was amazing! The artists at this event were just tables lining the hallways. My booth happened to be located just across the hall outside the exhibitor/vendor room, though. So I got to see all that traffic, too! I had a very successful weekend.
There was one downfall, though. I was right in front of a window, which wasn't bad. But, this venue had the vents right above the windows, too. With the air conditioning being on, we were freezing. Since the weather took a downturn into cooler temps, it felt like they didn't adjust the air conditioning accordingly. I grabbed a light pullover and a scarf from my car, and I used some fabric that I use as table covering as a blanket, but it didn't help much. That first day we were miserable.
That first night, I went to my hotel room and took a very long, very hot shower. It was glorious.
The second day, the guy in charge had the venue raise the temperature, and he also offered to move us to a different spot that became available. We both chose to stay, since the location was so good. The second day, things were better, temperature-wise.

This con was a lot bigger and busier than I was expecting, which was great! I really enjoyed myself, and I will definitely return again next year. There was a special guest who showed up on Sunday, too. Apparently he was in town for another event on Saturday, and they were able to get him to the con for Sunday. It was Marcus Mauldin, who voiced Brick in the Borderlands video games. 
His table was very close to mine, so I left my table for a few minutes, and got a signed print for my husband (big Borderlands fan). I was super excited to meet him and get his autograph.

Overall, this weekend was a great success. I only wish I had requested Monday off from the day job. I didn't get home until about 9PM, and I'm exhausted.
My next con is in a month, and it will be a BIG one. I will need to make a bunch of stuff to gear up for it. Can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for another successful con! I feel like your gear is pretty appropriate for any moderately geeky crowd, gamers or not.

    ReplyDelete