Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

Browsing Kickstarter campaigns

Lately, I have found myself browsing through the Kickstarter website, looking at all the various campaigns that people are trying to get funded. I have, to my bank account's chagrin, even backed several of them.

It's just sad that so many people just throw up a paragraph of info and a random picture, and then expect all these people from who knows where to jump in and give them money. It seems to be more and more often that I see these, too.
Launching a Kickstarter campaign is a lot of work. There is a lot of research, planning, research, pre-work, and oh yeah... research... that goes into a campaign. And this is all before even launching on Kickstarter. Sometimes I will see a campaign that I am really interested in and there is just no information, I will actually request it.

I came across a campaign that had just a paragraph, with vague information, and I was interested in the reward item. I sent a message asking for more info and suggesting that if they expand to add pictures and more details, they may attract more backers.
I was thanked for the recommendation, and there was additional information added, but not much. Certainly not enough for me to back the campaign. I was considering backing at their highest reward tier, too.

For me, the biggest thing a campaign needs to have, is pictures! Just a paragraph of text doesn't show me what you are offering. Not just that, but (and I cannot stress this enough) have pictures of your rewards! I want to actually see what I am pledging for before I do so.
On the other hand, don't have a ton of pictures of items that you have made in the past, but are not even offering in this campaign. I have run into this, as well, where I find something that I would love to have, only to find that it isn't even offered.

Have you guys ever browsed through Kickstarter campaigns?
What seems to draw you in or push you away the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment