Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Make 100

In an effort to ensure that I keep putting out posts, I have already typed up a few, and just set them on a staggered release schedule (so I don't forget). This is the first of the scheduled updates.

I have been looking at the Kickstarter website a lot, just browsing through campaigns and projects to see what is out there.
The past couple years, in January, they have had an initiative towards making things in editions of 100. For example, making 100 of one particular item for your campaign. I have been tempted to translate this toward my crafting.

Up until now, I have been just making things randomly. Of course, things ordered take priority, then for a while I was busy making one of every color for some of my bracelets, to have pictures for my Etsy listings. But other than that, I usually just make whatever strikes my fancy at the moment.
This can pose problems. I order my rings based on what projects that I am wanting to take on at the moment, and then have to wait for them to come in. By the time the rings get here, the drive and excitements have usually waned, and I end up with rings that just sit around since I only ordered those particular ones for that particular project.
But, I can try incorporating the Make 100 initiative of Kickstarter, and use it to make 100 of one of my chainmail items. I don't want to do a campaign, I'm just using it to guide my crafty mojo, when I need to figure out what to make.

Now that I have decided a direction to spark my crafty mojo, here comes the hard part of figuring out what to make 100 of.
I already have lots of bracelets, so I'm wanting to make something else. As crazy as it sounds, I am leaning toward one of my larger items, and thinking of making 100 dice bags.
Any feedback? Is there something you guys think I should make, instead?


1 comment:

  1. Good luck deciding what to make. Anything you make will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete