Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Starting to gear up for a convention

I have been wanting to have a booth in a convention for over a year now, but fate keeps conspiring against me!
The first one I wanted to attend was cancelled after having financial issues with the previous one. I totally understand why. There was a tornado, which took out power and blocked roads, so the entire first day ended up getting cancelled. Since it was a small con, it was such a hard blow, that they have yet to recover.
The other one I have been interested in is bigger. I have been hesitant to go to this one, due to the size, but I'm going to try it this year. As far as fan conventions go, this one is still on the small side (nowhere near as big as Comic Con or other like it). It does bring in a lot of people locally, though. I have put in a submission, and I really hope I am able to get a booth. I'm just playing the waiting game.

In the mean time, I am going to be making more items to have in my booth if I do get accepted. Including this convention, I have 7 events that I am wanting to attend between now and June! I will be keeping myself busy! My first craft fair for the year is in about 2 weeks.

Here are a few things that I have made to get things started!



I was so busy making chainmail, that I totally forgot about stitching on my Saturday Mario piece this week! I'll have to give it some extra love next weekend. Maybe both Saturday and Sunday to make up for it.

Here is a new item that I haven't made before, but I absolutely love them! They came out so awesome, and I am making several more in different colors.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you tons and tons of luck! I bet they will accept you your work is beautiful. I look forward to hearing about your sales. Love the new necklaces. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The necklaces look cool and very interesting! Good luck with your convention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'd love to go to a craft fair one day, but my output is way to low, haha.

    ReplyDelete