Pages

Friday, March 15, 2019

Goodbye San Francisco

When I first picked up cross stitch again big-time, I had only done a few projects, and still didn't know all that much (even after finishing my Monopoly board). Now that I have picked up up and joined a few groups and done the research, I have grown so much with this hobby!

One of my first projects I decided on when I picked it back up was my San Francisco project. Here is what it would look like:

I do still love it! When I put Luminaro aside, I used my spinner app to pick what I worked on next, and it picked this one. I was actually hoping that it would, anyway!


I pulled it out, and immediately was irritated. When I started this project, the only fabric I had ever used was Aida, so that's what I bought for this one. I also bought whatever count I could find for fabric this large (I think it is 14). I started San Francisco, but I didn't even get one page finished.

Now that I have experienced different fabrics and counts, etc, I can't go back to this one. I tried. I added a little more to that first page, but I can't stand the coverage, and the aida is so huge. I didn't get much done on it.
Here is where I ended up.



I have given it some thought, and I have decided not to continue with this.
Whenever I hear of someone giving up on a project, I always feel like I would never do that, and my time getting as far as I had is precious. I couldn't even imagine giving up on one of my "babies". Now that it is me making the choice, though, I feel amazingly at peace with it.
I still love this pattern, don't get me wrong! I may buy some different fabric for it later and start again later. In the mean time, I will probably cut up this large fabric into smaller pieces for other projects. I already have a few in mind.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, giving up on a project is hard, but honestly if you aren't happy with it your stitching time won't be that enjoyable! I'm glad you ended that relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said it's very peaceful to give up and pick what does make you happy instead. It's not bad. It's change. Love the pattern by the way. Hope you can find the right fabric soon and get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful pattern and I do hope you'll start it again eventually - but you didn't have a lot done yet, so compared with all the frustration that might have been lying ahead of you, giving up now surely was the sensible choice!

    ReplyDelete