Pages

Monday, March 4, 2019

Saturday project: Mario - Day 4

I got some more progress done on Mario this past Saturday. As you can see, I got most of the black done for the ground. Just a little bit of it left, then on to fill it in with brown.

I have to say, having designed cross stitch patterns from sprites myself, the design on this one irritates me a lot. There are obvious issues with the design that don't match the actual sprites at all. I decided to go ahead and stitch it according to the pattern, but every time I come across an area that doesn't match up, I twitch.
The main errors are with the ? blocks, Mario, the goomba, and there is a stripe of ground blocks in the leg that don't match up (they are one stitch too short).  I keep fighting the urge to correct the pattern!

Here is where I left off last week:





And here is where I am after four Saturdays of progress:


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic progress. I understand what you mean. I get a weird should I fix this feeling sometimes. Sure can't tell where the problems are though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your progress looks great, but I understand your annoyance - if you make cross stitch patterns from sprites, you really should match said sprites! Especially the ground blocks would really bug me.

    ReplyDelete