Pages

Monday, August 10, 2020

Challenge failure, but great news!

 So, I did make it through July for my 30 day challenge. Yay! I was going to give myself a pass for the 2 days of the Enid con (from my last post), however once I got home, I quickly realized how much I am out of con shape. I was sore for a couple days and just couldn't bring myself to stitch at all. I will post an update, though, since I have progress that hasn't been posted, yet. 

Here is were I left off with my last post:

Here is where I am now: 

I want to pick it back up again, but I have been working on some chainmail again. This brings me to my good news!
So, I have so much inventory for chainmail, that I wasn't planning on making more things until cons start back up and I start selling again. However, I got a message from a friend of mine about a game store that he likes to visit up in his home state. Apparently, he was there for an event, and the store owner expressed interest in his chainmail dice bag he had purchased from me. Long story short (too late, I know!), he connected us together, and I will be selling some of my things through their store! I had my first shipment of items going to them this weekend. I hope this builds up some business for me and my website! I am very excited about this opportunity!

So, between getting things ready to send to the store, plus the con last weekend, plus I also sold my car and had it shipped, it has been a pretty busy week. I am hoping to stitch some more on it this week, and start up my daily challenge habit again. 

In the mean time, I will post some of the chainmail things that I have made lately in my next post!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you found a store to help you out with selling your items. How awesome. I wish you all the luck in the world. Fantastic progress with your stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching progress and wow, so many exciting news! Selling via a store might give you some much more reliable income than the con circuit, after all.

    ReplyDelete