Pages

Friday, August 7, 2020

Con Review: Enid Comic Con 2020

Convention Name: Enid Comic Con
Date: Aug 1-2, 2020
Cost: $75, 1 10x10-ish booth
Location: Enid, OK
Grade: A

This is my second year vendoring at the Enid Comic Con, and the third year it has been running. It has been great seeing this one grow just from one year to the next. Obviously, it is a pretty small con, but I have been anxious to go to a con lately, since I have only had 1 since last November. The price for a booth at this con is still worth it, too. Overall, I will probably continue to attend this con if I keep doing as well as I have. 

With Covid going around, I was a little hesitant to attend and was worried about the turnout for this con. Masks were required to be worn at all time, but of course there were people taking them off once inside (which was very frustrating). I had my mask on at all times, and I had some hand sanitizer on my table for everyone to use, if they wanted to.
The turnout was actually pleasantly surprising! I was worried hardly anyone would show up and I would lose money on the weekend. I actually did very well! I didn't do as well as last year, but all things considered, that's understandable. I got really close, though. 

Check in was easy. I just had to find the organizer (who was right at the door), and he showed me where my booth was. I had asked for a corner booth near the front (door). I didn't get the corner, but I was right next to one. Plus, I was right across the photo/autograph table where the celebrity was for the weekend, so that helped with traffic. Location is definitely key for these events! 

Yes, one of my display boards is empty in the picture. My chains got all tangled, so I spent some time after setup separating them to put them up. 

To one side of me was a group who had about 3-4 booth spaces for photo ops and info about their group. It was nice having them there, but they showed up late and left early that first day. They didn't even show up at all the second day, so I just had a big empty space next to me the whole day. When I came in on Sunday, I spread out a little bit, encroaching on their space a little, figuring I could move back once they showed up. When I realized they weren't going to show up, I moved over a little smidge more to spread out a little.

Overall, it was a very successful convention, and I can't wait for the next one (coming up in a week).

1 comment: