Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

An old friend

After my last post, I started looking through my previous posts, and I came across my old favorite, Qingming! I really got an itch to start working on it, so I pulled it out and got to stitching! I just realized that it has been a year since I last worked on it!
It felt good to stitch on it again, like catching up with an old friend I haven't seen in a while. I'm hoping to keep stitching on this one at least until I finish page 3 (which will finish that whole area on the left side). 


Here is where it was when I left off last:


Here is where I am now:


With this project, it doesn't look like much progress, but it is! So, finishing 3 pages, may seem like a lot, but when there are 279 pages in all, well, it tends to put things in perspective. It also doesn't help that all I'm stitching right now is the side of a mountain. It does help to go faster, though, since there are large blocks of one color. On page 4, I get to start on some buildings. Yay!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I remember this one. What a beautiful piece. I see the major progress you made. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo yay I remember this piece. I like to watch it grow; the color-by-number approach is fascinating. Hooray for buildings! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 279 pages?? Wow, that's not a task to be undertaken lightly. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting piece with the printed fabric. It's pretty big too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, what a large project this is. It looks so gorgeous. And you made some nice progress on it.

    ReplyDelete