Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Qingming facts

I was looking to see if I could find this cross stitch kit again on the website that I purchased it from. The only one I was able to find was crazy expensive, but the seller had some more information on the actual painting that this cross stitch kit is based on.
Depicted in this kit are over 550 different people, more than 50 heads of livestock (cattle, horses, mules, donkeys), more than 20 vehicles, and more than 20 ships. That's just insane! And I haven't even gotten beyond the side of the mountain., yet.

I will be very happy if I can manage to finish page 3 of Qingming before resorting to another project. I'm getting the itch to start a new one from the list I had posted a while ago. I think I just may start my beer project! I can then review and critique (and drink, of course!) all the different types of beers. Plus the Mousie is starting to call to me to be worked on.
Hmm, now that I have started talking about it, I reeeaaalllly want to start on the beer project. I have a feeling that I will be stitching on the shelves this week. (Sigh, so much for finishing page 3 first).

Anyway, here is where I left off last week:


Here is where I am now. I got a lot of the yellow (boring) area stitched.




4 comments:

  1. Well done on persevering with all the yellow fill-in. Is the full piece just the top row of the photo in your side bar or all five rows? It really is epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is the full thing, all 5 rows! I am a glutton for punishment, I guess.

      Delete
  2. I definitely see the progress. I'm curious if your beer project is the 99 bottles piece. I have that one in progress. Good luck on whatever you pick up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! My plan is to stitch up the shelves first, then stitch the beers one at a time as I try each one.

      Delete