Saturday, July 30, 2016

Ottlite!

I had been hearing about Ottlites from other fellow stitchers, but it wasn't anything that I had done much looking into. Then, I discovered that they were on sale right now at Jo-Ann. Full price they cost $280, but they are on sale right now for only $79.99. Combine that with a coupon I had from the app on my phone, I saved a total of $215!

Here is my new pretty:

I haven't had a chance to use it, yet, though. It is all setup and ready for when I have stitchy time!

I have so little stitching progress this week, that it's not worth posting about. I did get some bracelets made, though.
The first one I made was one that I had promised my husband many months ago, and never got around to making. It is a helm weave double-wide stretchy chainmail bracelet with black rubber and black ice anodized aluminum rings. Unfortunately (or fortunately) he seems to be constantly wearing it, so I haven't been able to get a picture of it, yet.

This other bracelet is one I made while bored. I went to some gaming thing with the husband and forgot to take all the supplies I needed, so I just made something at random with what I had on hand.
This one is also helm weave and stretchy, but only single-wide.


Monday, July 25, 2016

Color SAL - Black

I had another color SAL this weekend, and since I had just passed my test, I treated myself to some stitching.
I really only have one project that has black in it, and that is Qingming. I didn't want to drag that one out, plus the black is very sporadic throughout the trees. Instead, I decided to pull out one of my old UFOs, Midnight Enchanter! I figured since he is on black fabric, it is close enough!

I got a little bit done on the rocks around the book, and a little bit on the book, as well.

Here is where I left off:


Here is where I am now:


Friday, July 22, 2016

Happy birthday to me!

As most of you don't already know, yesterday was my birthday. Unfortunately, due to scheduling, that was also the only day that I could schedule my certification test for the day job, unless I wanted to wait 2 more weeks. I went ahead and took the test, and I passed. Yay!
A passing score is 300/500, and I got a 493!
I'm hoping to get some stitching in this weekend, because starting on Monday, I will need to start studying for another test in September.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Smidge of progress and study study study!

I only have about one day's worth of progress on the mousie. I almost decided not to post it, but then I wouldn't have much to talk about in this week's post, so here it is.

Last week I was here:




Now I'm here:



The progress is only noticeable if you really look, and I'll tell you why.
I'm finally getting off of my behind to finish up the certification that I started for work back in January! I took the week long class back in January, and the first test in April. I haven't been doing much on it lately, but I have to kick things in gear. I need to get this one finished ASAP so I can finish another one that I had started before that class in January, since the test expires in September and I don't want to have to start studying for an all new test. That would be like starting over!

To make a long story short (too late, I know), I will be studying hard for this test I have scheduled for next week. I'll then take a few days off, then start studying again for the next test. Once I have this first test out of the way, I hope to be able to take one day a week away from the books and just stitch (or craft other things). I won't have much progress to show everyone, but I'll try to at least have something every week.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Hello Mousie

I picked up my mousie again!
It had been so long since I last worked on the mousie, that I had no idea what color I had been using and had no idea where I had left off. Because of this, I just started filling in the top until I discovered the color that I had been working on. Once I figured that out, I started working the opposite direction that I had been working until I met up with where I had left off. So, I have yet another color done!
I went ahead and counted (and way overestimated) the number of stitches in this project, since I didn't know where I had left off. I may change my stitch counter on the left back to the number of colors, though, since I am back on track with the plan of all of each color at a time.

Here is where I was last, when I had set aside the mousie:


And here is where I am after this week of progress:


Friday, July 1, 2016

Another finish!

I didn't expect the Peeps to take long to finish, and they weren't! I finished them up last night!

Here they are:

I'm ready to move on again!
I have pulled out my mousie to work on again, and I have kitted up 2 more projects for starts. I can't wait!