Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

My latest craft show

So, this past weekend I attended a craft fair/car show that was being held fairly close to me. The location is unusual, though. This was all being held at... drumroll please.... Wal-Mart!
I know! Totally random to have something like this at a Wal-Mart, but there you have it!

Everything was being held out-doors, of course. I was alotted a parking space spot for my booth, and it worked out pretty well. Since my tent is only 10x10, and the spot is 10x20, I had space to spread out a bit. I just did so by opening out the booth a bit with the tables angled outward.

Here is a picture of the booth setup that I had.


Everything went pretty well. There was an awards ceremony for the car show at noon, and everything started winding down afterward (which is great because it was HOT outside). I actually started packing up early, which I know is usually a big no-no. Between the heat and the fact that the wind started picking up, I was just done.
The morning was great, but later the wind picked up. This is normal for Oklahoma, but after my tent nearly blew away a couple times (even with 40lbs of weight on the legs), and my displays all blowing over, I couldn't handle it anymore. The last big gust of wind cause one of the metal bars on my tent to bend, too.

Overall, I was disappointed. I would have thought that being at a Wal-Mart would have meant a pretty good turnout, just from random walkups if nothing else. There were very little shoppers at the fair, though. The space that we used was off to the side by the auto center, so I'm sure most people didn't even know we were there.
The only reason I even broke even was because my mom showed up and bought several things.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it wasn't a more successful show for you. Glad your mom stopped by. Your booth display looks fantastic at least.

    ReplyDelete