Pages

Monday, August 6, 2018

New display stand

This post is late in coming, I'm sorry! I was late in acquiring some of my supplies so I could put everything together for pictures, but I have it all now!
(Plus I  took some time away for my birthday)

Since I have started attending craft fairs, I have been toying with ideas to have a portable pegboard display that is easy to transport and easy to setup. I have been looking online more recently to finally get something planned.
Originally I was planning on having a friend who does wood work create a fold-able frame that we can attach pegboard panels to. I wanted something lightweight, but relatively light. As we were hashing out ideas back and forth, I came across a different direction to go, and I was instantly hooked!

As a personal side-note, I don't care for Paparazzi jewelry at all. If you aren't familiar with them, they sell $5 jewelry, but it doesn't seem to be very good quality at all (how could it be for only $5?). I have been seeing these booths pop up at craft fairs, which most likely hurts my own sales since my prices are obviously going to be higher, as my goods are hand made.
That being said, I have come across some really great portable display ideas that are perfect for what I was wanting. There are some really great display ideas from Paparazzi jewelry sellers.

The one idea that I wanted to use involves a folding garment rack, and pegboard panels that simply attach to it. It is as simple as that!
I started by purchasing some pegboard hooks and the garment rack I liked best from Amazon, and then went to the hardware store to get the pegboard. One sheet of pegboard can be cut into 6 equal sized pieces that work perfectly (I only use 4, and will have 2 spares in case they get messed up). By using velcro straps/zip ties/shower curtain hooks/S-hooks/etc,  you can quickly put up a nice display from which to hold a lot of merchandise.

Here it is as we just started setting up (ignore my shadow)


Here is with everything added

So, I underestimated the number of hooks that I was going to need for this display (as you can see from the empty spots). I bought 200 plastic hooks, and this picture has all of them (plus the few metal ones I had from before). I will probably order another 200, so I can fill up this board and plan for a table-top pegboard display.


1 comment: