Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2019

I learned a new weave!

I have joined a couple chainmail groups on Facebook, and I am constantly amazed at all the different designs and weaves out there. There are still quite a few that I don't feel talented enough to even attempt.
That being said, I came across an interwoven 4-in-1 weave. It is basically 2 different strips of your basic Euro 4-1 that you see used in armor, etc, but the 2 strips are interwoven into each other.

I pulled up a tutorial to learn just how difficult it really is, and I was super excited to find a tutorial on how to make a stretchy version. You know me! I looooove the stretchy bracelets. I immediately had to give it a try.

It was actually not as difficult as I was expecting. I really like how it turned out, too.
I don't know if I will make more of these to sell, though, as I would have to charge more. This is basically 2 bracelets in one, so it takes more time and more materials.

 Here is the flip side:


2 comments:

  1. That does look very cool! Maybe you could have one or two of them on display and only make them to order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I agree with Leonore.

    ReplyDelete