Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Disney Dreams: The Lion King - week 7

This week was slower going than usual. I started adding some yellow, and one of the shades of yellow is tweeded with the pearl filament. It makes the sunshine sparkly and it looks really good, but that pearl filament is a pain in the butt to work with! Don't get me wrong, the end result is totally worth it to have the added sparkle, but when I use it, I tend to work slower since it likes to snag and it always feels like it is about to snap.

Here is my progress picture. You can't really see the sparkle very well in this photo, but I'm sure it'll show up eventually in one of my progress shots.


2 comments:

  1. One thing I noticed that helps me a lot, is that I hold the thread out from the fabric with my non-stitching hand while I am pulling the thread through with my stitching hand. Does that make any sense? It just keeps it tight and extended so I get less tangles with the pearl filament. Again, it's looking really good!

    ReplyDelete