Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Awareness pendant

I found a delightful chainmail pendant online, and I knew I just had to make it.
For some reason, I decided to try out stainless steel for some of the rings, too, to see what it is like to work with.

First off, I am NOT a fan of working with the stainless steel rings!  They do have a nice weight to them, and I love how they look, but these things are soooo much more difficult to work with. I have gotten very spoiled with my anodized aluminum, and I am rethinking my decision to foray into stainless steel. I may just use up the stock I have and then go back to just using aluminum.

Here is the pendant that I made, the silver colored rings being the stainless steel, and the pink is anodized aluminum. 


In the center, there, I attached a silver colored awareness ribbon with the word Hope inscribed. 
I like how it came out, but it is a little looser than I would like. I may play around with the ring sizes to see if I can get a tighter weave. If I'm able to figure out a good design I like, then I may expand to  make all sorts of different colors. It wouldn't be too hard, as the hope ribbon would be the same every time.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I really like this. Good luck with making more.

    ReplyDelete