Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

99 Bottles - Beer #8

Just as I finally stitched that last beer and posted about it, I had an opportunity to try another!

An old friend of my husband's came into town for the weekend, so we all went to dinner together, and I consulted the beer list to compare to what they had available. One in particular caught my attention - Fat Tire.
Liquor laws around here are changing, so this beer that previously wasn't available in this state is now obtainable!





When I took the first sniff of this beer, I didn't notice anything special with it. It was just a generic beer smell. So, I decided to go ahead and try it to make my mind up.

From the very first taste of this beer, I noticed the bite in the front part of my mouth, but nowhere else. Much like Blue Moon, it is a very general taste, but nothing to set it apart, except it is a much sharper flavor.

It was a little disconcerting that it had this nice bite to it, but it was just localized at the front of my mouth, not throughout. Even later in the meal, once I had had some food to go with it, the bite just stayed in the front.

I have had a couple friends mention to me that they really like this beer, but I have to admit that I didn't really enjoy it. There wasn't enough to set it apart, and it was a bit too sharp in the wrong places.

Here is the stitched version (third from the left). This is one I had had to skip previously, since it wasn't available in this state at the time.


Here is all of them (except the one at the bottom by itself, see last 99 Bottles post for it).


1 comment:

  1. I love how you are stitching this one after you try them. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete