Pages

Monday, September 10, 2018

99 Bottles - Beer #9

My husband recently lost an old high school buddy, and we went to the memorial celebration for him over the weekend. One of the few beers being served was one that I knew was next on my beer list for the beer project.
This week I had a Guinness.


What I liked: this is a very stout beer. They are not joking in this regard. It had a good strong flavor and didn't seem to be practically watered down like some beers seem. This is a good beer to take your time with.

What I didn't like: it was almost too bitter for me. I ate a little bit of the refreshments, which helped tone it down a bit. This definitely isn't a beer that I would be able to drink quickly. This is a beer that I would have to be in the mood for.
Overall thoughts: I liked it, and would drink it again. I would not, however, drink this with a meal. The flavor would way overpower the taste of the food. It is good to drink on its own, or with light refreshments, like chips or pretzels.

Here is my stitching of this one:

Here is my overall progress (of course excepting the one bottle near the bottom by itself):

4 comments:

  1. So neat how you are doing this one. I am stitching this (or not so much since it hasn't been out in forever) for my hubby. I want him to collect the caps on the beers to put around the frame when/if it ever gets finished. Your idea is neat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one has been a lot of fun, just finding the beers to try and stitch! I knew from the beginning that doing it this way would take a lot longer to finish, but with each beer it is a mini-finish. Plus, I get to try a lot of beers that I normally wouldn't bother to try.

      Delete
  2. Its looking good Sasha. I have the fabric cut but have never started it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Sasha! I know another stitcher who stitched this up and when she framed it she bought a frame with a larger border and glued some bottle caps from as many of the beers she could find to the frame. It turned out pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete