Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Need more inventory!

So, I had a thought for my convention displays.
As it is right now, when I go to my cons, I take the large pegboard display (where I can keep a large amount of inventory), but I also take my older, more portable, one. I generally don't know what my space will look like before I get there, and sometimes there just isn't room to be able to setup the large display, so I have to resort to the other one.


This poses a problem, as I discovered the first time I went to use the big display.
The whole point of getting the large one was so I could leave the hooks and necklaces on the pegboard, and just close and latch the display in between conventions. I was wasting a lot of time having to put up and take off all the pegboard hooks and merch each time. The large display resolved this issue for me, and it has been amazing!

However,  if I can't use the large display and have to resort to the old one, I'm stuck. That first time, luckily I had a few extra hooks, but I had to take a lot of the necklaces off the hooks on the large display to put them on the one I was using. This not only defeats the purpose, but actually takes even longer.
I have been trying to buy another batch of hooks to keep on-hand for this eventuality, but I realize I will need more inventory, as well. If I can just keep a large amount of necklaces handy, I won't have to remove those from the large display when I'm not using it. I've been working like mad to get more supplies to make a huge amount more. The success of my recent conventions has made this possible, too!

So, for the next few weeks, I am going to be making a bunch of necklaces. I'll post pictures of some periodically! Plus, I was able to get more hooks on sale, so things are looking up!

Here are just a few of my latest ones. I need to put them on cards and they'll be done!



2 comments:

  1. Love them. Good luck building up your supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't even think about those logistics issues before you run into them...getting more inventory sounds like the logical solution!

    ReplyDelete