Pages

Monday, June 22, 2020

Cross stitching again!

Since all but 1 of my conventions has been cancelled so far this year (my next as-of-yet-uncancelled is Aug 1st), I haven't had the need to replenish my chainmail stock. This has freed up some time for me to work on my own things!
My last post was about the banner. By the end of that one, I was really wanting to do some cross stitch again. Having a color inlay (design) was enough like looking at a stitch pattern, so once it was complete, I pulled out my cross stitch stuff again.

After my page finish on Luminaro, I went ahead an moved the Qsnaps over to give me a nice open spot to work on. As you can see in the picture below, I kinda moved the Qsnaps over a little too much, and the edge was almost too far over. If I lift up the felt I have between the Qsnap and the project, it is just barely usable. I didn't want to mess with moving it over a little more, and this way, I can stitch 3 pages before having to move again.

Here is were I was last, with pages 1 and 2 done.


Here is where I am now, after about a week or so of working on it:



Oh, and I felt the need to change my grime guard, just for fun. I bought this woodgrain patterned one for another project that I have yet to start, and I just had to use it! (It doesn't show up too well in this picture, but I'll have a better picture in another update).
Also, I had only a little bit left of a certain color on my current page (3). Rather than just end it, I just moved on to the next page (4) and went down the row that way. I actually got all the way across the page, and that last little tiny smidge on the right is on page 5! The row finally ended, but I was at the end of my thread, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Boo on all the cancelations, but at least you're getting some stitching in! Great progress.

    ReplyDelete