Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Another Farewell update and thread sale!

Everyone has been waiting for the JoAnn sale on floss, going on right now. I was excited about it, too, until I discovered it was only going down to $.40 per skein. This is still a great deal, just not as awesome as I was expecting. Before going off to kit up a new project, I decided to check the other store websites, and I found a coupon on Michaels' website for 30% off, which would bring the floss down to $.39. Not a huge difference, but when you are kitting up a HAED with 90 colors, it does help.

In purchasing all those colors from Michael's, I have learned some things:
First, I hate the way they have their floss organized on the website. I ended up having to search each one individually. It was a pain.
Second, their shopping cart has a limit of about 50-ish items. I kept adding more after that, not realizing that they weren't adding, since it didn't say anything. I just happened to notice that it said 51 for a while. I ended up having to place 2 orders to get all that I wanted.
Third, their exchange process for online orders is a bit of a pain. I ended up getting 2 of one color and was missing another, so I figured it was just a simple mistake and they would just swap it out, right? No! The cashier had issues with it, and ended up having to call over 2 supervisors to ultimately do a return and exchange.

Also, my new project calls for a LOT of black thread. So much, that I bit the bullet and bought a small cone of DMC 310! Woohoo, so excited!

Now, on to my progress so far on Farewell to Anger.
Here is where I was with the last update:



Here is where I am now:


4 comments:

  1. You have made some good progress. Let us know how it goes with the cone of floss, I have always thought about buying one but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I've never dared to get the cone, it's always seemed like too much thread - good for you being bold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progress! Thanks for the info about Michael's. My local one doesn't stock all the floss. I don't know why. So I tend to go to Hobby Lobby when I need floss. Plus they just add them up instead of ringing up each thread at a time.

    ReplyDelete