Pages

Friday, November 23, 2018

Vacation, needlework shop, and some stitching.

My husband and I went on vacation for several days to New Orleans. We went there on our honeymoon 6 years ago, and are only now going back again.
My first thought was to take Farewell to Anger with me, since that would allow to keep up with the 100 day challenge. Unfortunately, the plastic box that I keep it in wouldn't fit into the backpack that I was using as my carry-on, so I decided not to take it. Instead, I took The Palace Garden, since it takes up much less space.
During our layover in Houston, I decided to kill some time and stitch a bit. While I was stitching, a woman sitting nearby came over to see what I was working on, and we had a nice chat about cross stitching. It was nice to talk to someone about it in person. We discussed how intricate the patterns can get and how you can even turn a picture into a pattern, now.

In New Orleans, we stayed in the French Quarter, and since we didn't have a car, we didn't really venture far from there. There is still so much to see and do there, though, that we still had an amazing time. Just off of Jackson Square is a needlework shop called the Quarter Stitch. I remember stopping here when we were in town on the honeymoon, and I definitely wanted to stop in again.


We looked around a bit, and there is such a lot to see! The walls are covered in hand painted needlepoint fabric, and there were so many different designs around. I did find one that I really liked, but it was a bit outside of my price range. Maybe next time!
 


They also had some nice yarns available, as well. I haven't been doing much (any) crochet lately, so I didn't get any of the yarn, either.


The selection in this shop is great. There is so much to see. I found a small section with cross stitch patterns and kits, as well. There was a nice one of Jackson Square that I almost purchased, but since the purse strings were a bit tight (because we bought football tickets), I decided not to get it this time. Maybe on the next trip, though!


My progress on Palace Garden is minimal. I only worked on it for one day. The rest of the trip, I was simply too tired to do anything. There was a lot of walking involved! I'll post progress of it later, since there wasn't much done on it, and I don't have a picture.



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice trip. Looks like a lovely store. I hope to make it there sometime. Looks like a fun place to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a shop! It looks like an awesome place to visit. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete