Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Con Review : Uncanny Comic Con

Convention Name: Uncanny Comic Con
Date: March 7, 2020
Cost: $70, 10x10
Location: Shawnee, OK
Grade:A

I was referred to this con last spring, not long after the first one had taken place. My friend had told me it was a good con, and they had done really well. Of course, I decided to give it a go! I signed up for a table really early on, and had been looking forward for quite a while to attend this one.
I was so eager to get a table, that I reached out to the coordinator before applications were available. Apparently I was really early, and they weren't out, yet, so I had to wait.

Finally they came out and I filled it out right away. I was happy to get accepted! (Come to think of it, I haven't been rejected from any cons that I have applied to. That's pretty awesome by itself).
When I got my acceptance, I was especially pleased to discover that once you pay for your space, you get to also pick which space you want, if it is available. I was able to pick a pretty central spot on a corner, which worked out, since I could put up my big display board.

Check in was pretty easy. They had people show me where my booth was. I had just under 2 hours to setup my booth. Since I hadn't had any cons in a while, I had a slow start and it actually took me a little longer than this to setup, especially since I didn't have anyone with me to help. I originally thought I had more time than I did. I woke up and got dressed and was relaxing, when I realized that setup had to be complete an hour earlier than I was planning for. I had to rush all the way to the venue! I wasn't too terribly late, though.

There was a good turnout at this event, especially considering the initial concerns with Coronavirus going around. I'm happy that this one didn't get cancelled or postponed, though. Unfortunately, my next 2 cons have been postponed. One set of dates works, but the other one I already have booked. Boo.

Considering this was a one day con, I did really well. There were also volunteers going around offering the vendors bottles of water and snacks. I thought this was a nice touch. I appreciated it when the coordinators do things like this for vendors, especially when not all of us have a chance to leave our booth.

I forgot to take a picture of my booth! I can't believe it! I am really out of con shape, apparently.
I definitely plan on attending this con in the future, as I did really well. Especially for a one-day con. I would recommend this con for any vendor!

1 comment:

  1. Souds like a nice con. I hope things will calm down soon so you can go to some more :)

    ReplyDelete